29.6.10

Sashiko Tutorial



A couple of months ago, together with some quilting friends, I took a class on sashiko. I have been admiring this beautiful technique for a while when I signed up for the lessons. Unfortunately, the instruction was "suboptimal" to put it mildly. We were left with a feeling of disappointment and regret for what it could have been .


Today, while browsing the blogs in my Google Reader, on  Sashiko Started It  I came across an announcement for a free online sashiko tutorial that will be delivered through the newsletter of Sashiko Stitchers  beginning July 14, 2010. All you have to do is sign up for the newsletter at  www.sashikostitchers.com or by emailing the organizer at sue@aboutfuroshiki.com. Then gather your supplies and we can enjoy a sashiko-along in two weeks time.


Until then, enjoy the good weather!


2 comments:

  1. As a teacher myself, I get very angry at the standards of some of those who purport to run classes. Just because you're good at something doesn't mean you can teach it! Sorry you had a bad experience too, but glad you've found a (free) replacement!

    ReplyDelete